To deal with the consequences of the Russian invasion and threats the war poses on the Ukrainian art community – (MOCA) Museum of Contemporary Art NGO, in partnership with Zaborona, The Naked Room and Mystetskyi Arsenal established the Ukrainian Emergency Art Fund.
Today, the world needs free, strong and alive voices of Ukrainian cultural actors more than ever. Our task is to ensure the continuity and development of the Ukrainian cultural process during the war.
One-time financial aid or stipends for up to 3 months for cultural workers (limited number of stipends is available)
support for cultural workers who have remained in Ukraine and urgently need support to ensure a basic standard of living and security.
to ensure the visibility of Ukrainian culture in Ukraine and abroad, we support cultural workers and artists in Ukraine and those who relocated abroad after the start of a full-scale Russian war against Ukraine. We strive to support:
- individual creative activity of artists and cultural workers
- continuity of research of curators, theoreticians, researchers and other cultural workers
- support packages for NGOs and cultural initiatives to support and enhance their programmes and activities.
- facilitate support and administer donations offered by international artistic and charity organisations, as well as from private donors;
- provide support for cultural actors from different sectors( independent artists, curators, arts managers, researchers, writers etc) and cultural NGOs in Ukraine;
- provide the opportunity to live and work for cultural workers, who decided to stay in Ukraine in order to preserve the cultural heritage of their area (museums, private collections, architectural monuments), etc.
- globally promote contemporary Ukrainian culture as a powerful instrument for protection of the values of democracy and freedom in the world.
On February 24, Russia started a full-scale war against Ukraine and all of Europe. Since then, the Russian army bombed Ukrainian cities and villages daily, destroying both civilian and military infrastructure. Meanwhile, Russian President Vladimir Putin terrorised the world with nuclear weapons. Every day dozens of innocent people are killed or injured in Ukraine.
Artists and cultural workers are no exception. They have a right to live, be safe and continue their work.
Financial and operational administration of the fund is done by the (MOCA) Museum of Contemporary Art NGO.
Please find operational reports here